Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4 colour process separations 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyzzzz

Technical User
Oct 13, 2004
US
Hi
I am looking for photoshop compatable software to to help me make four colour process separations for licensed characters with a multiplicity of pantone colours to match, any and all help appreciated

What do you mean by Photoshop compatible? Do you mean you have Photoshop and you want software that works with it... or do you mean you do not have Photoshop but want something that behaves like Photoshop?

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

As far as the picklefish goes I don't have the answer!
But' as far as your response goes, thanks Jim and I appologise for not being clear. I have photoshop cs

And g'day to you Marcus
This really is a great forum, It will probably be hard to believe! Only this is my first time on any forum !!!!
You folks are DYNAMITE.
Art will be in photoshop or Illustrator, need to know software that will best separate colours to correct tonal dot % in i.e. pantone colour or other colour group that has pre-defind colour swatches
GAry

Both Illustrator and Photoshop can manage separations. In Illustrator, your inks can appear in the swatches palette. In Photoshop, your inks appear in the channels palette.

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

May I suggest a long journey of reading and experimenting with any application that produces Postscript output.

Photoshop produces primarily raster files at some "fixed" resolution. Illustrator produces vector files that are resolution independent. They play well together along with many other applications by agreed upon standard file formats that have evolved over decades.

It is possible to exchange these files across platforms and applications without much pain these days as long as you understand the concepts.

Good luck on your journey.

fly,
use photoshop cs and save the files as DCS 2.0 which will make separate "plates" or each colour plus a thumbnail of the composite file.

Just a side note regarding Zelandakh's post, be careful saving files as DCS 2.0 IF you are going to ever save the finished product as a PDF file. DCS 2 files don't translate properly, so would advise saving photos as .eps files.

KevinInQuincy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back