Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4.5 - stollen sessions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyE45

MIS
Jul 24, 2003
CA
I have 4.5 set up in a test environment and everything seemed to be OK until I connected to the web interface from a client machine and launched an app then went to another client machine and logged onto the web interface with the same user ID. The app I launched on the first client suddenly closed and opened a few seconds later on the second client. The second client session stole the first client's app session.

I went into the properties of the web interface and tried modifying the settings in "Manage Workspace Control" but nothing I tried made any difference.

Anybody seen this before?

We've had this happen when sessions are timing out and new connections, using the same generic account, resume the disconnected session. Best practice would be to use unique accounts for each user but that's not always possible, or at least easily accomplished.You should be able to adjust your session settings in the farm or server properties to prevent this from happening.

XRJoe,

Thanks for your reply.

I'd already tried all the adjustments in "Manage Workspace Control", session timeouts are not the issue for me. It turns out the problem revolved around R01. It looks like it didn't install correctly on one of the servers. Removal and re-install fixed it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back