Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4.5.1 sp1 & NT 4.0 Sp6a Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAPhil

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2002
US
Hi,
Ive been having problems with VSheild 4.5.1. The start menus on our systems have been locking up since upgrading to 4.5.1. I have installed the hotfix and have used the regisitry solution that NAI has provided. These have helped, and instead of the start menu locking up it is now only sluggish. While this is an improvement I am looking for a better solution.
If anyone has any suggestions I would be glad to hear them

Thanks
-Phil

Which hotfix did you install? AVChap
... take my advice, I don't use it anyway!

I installed Hotfix 1 for engine 4.1.60

Remember that the hotfix is applicable only on 9x and ME. Talk to the Tech Support group on getting the proper fix. BTW, what OS are we talking about here? AVChap
... take my advice, I don't use it anyway!

OS is NT 4.0 with Sp6a. Your right about the hotfix, I didnt even pay attention that its not for NT 4. But really the hotfix isnt all that important since we are not suffering from the errors that it corrects. As for NAI tech support, we are working with them to come up with a solution. But, I also decided to post here to see if anyone else has come across this problem.

Thanks for you help AVChap.

-Phil

I am having a problem with updating. the system is w2k and I have a bunch of others working fine. When I try to update I get the following error: Unable to create the local temp directory. It was installed as admin and run as a user or admin and I still get the same error. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Starsman,

I had this exact same problem last week. I tried the same things you did. It turned out it was failing because the TMP and TEMP systen environment variables had been changed to point to a location that didn't exist. I fixed that and
updating started working fine.

Right-Click My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced Tab -> Environment Variables Button -> System Variables Section
towards the bottom. Hope it helps.

Alicyn
--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back