Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4.3.3.0 to 4.3.3.10 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xitron

MIS
Aug 12, 2002
US
My B50 shows 4.3.3.0 when I run 'oslevel', and shows no output when I run 'oslevel -r'

My B80 shows 4.3.2.0 and shows 4330-04 when I run 'oslevel -r'

I understand the disparity on the B80. Something I installed hosed it up so that Smitty no longer thinks I am at 4.3.3 on the oslevel (taking care of that today). My concern is that I just did the upgrade from 4.3.3.0 to revision 10 on the B50, and there is no change to the oslevel, and the oslevel -r still shows nada. I'm expecting to see 4330-10.

The B80 is 64-bit, and the B50 is 32-bit. Does the 'oslevel -r' operate differently on the two different bit levels, or on the two machines?

Thanks!

Unca Xitron

Run:

instfix -ivk 4330-09_AIX_ML | grep not | grep ':'

This will show you what filesets are missing that need to be installed to report ML 10. oslevel -r will only show an ML where all filesets for that version/release/ML are installed.

Thanks AIXSPadmin. Interestingly enough, that command shows the following output, on both of my B50's:

Fileset Java.samples.demos:1.1.8.1 is not applied on the system.

And yet the 4.3.3 to 4.3.3.10 package (filename 4330010.tar.gz) shows only an option for Java.samples.demos:1.1.8.0, which is applied and commited. So where does one obtain this Java.samples.demos:1.1.8.1 in order to apply and commit it?

Believe it or not, I've been riding herd on various flavors of unix boxen for 10+ years, but this is my first experience with AIX, and I feel like a clueless newbie. :-/

Thanks for answering, and I hope you have yet another answer.

Unca Xitron

Absolutely OUTSTANDING, sir (or ma'am)!!! Thank you so much!!!

Unca Xitron

Hello,
To really know if the kernel is latest level or not.
On SMP system

lslpp -l bos.mp if you see 4.3.3 then it release. for fix_ML 8 or 9 fileset level were 4.3.3.75 so for ML 10 it will be higher.

On non SMP system

lslpp -l bos.up

There is a oslevel command with L option to do update, nexttime oslevel will give you write output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back