Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4.2 upgrade & custom reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

cindyroper

Technical User
Nov 4, 2003
US
We recently upgraded to 4.2 and I had several reports I had
created which now are gone. I am having trouble rebuilding them #1 because the table names have change and #2 when I do get a report structured and try to "select expert" a date or date range the report blows up. I have tried to take a canned report and modify it and again boom. Anyone have this problem?

I assume you mean crystal reports? If so what version?
Are the old reports really gone?

And your report did not "blow up", it either errored out, in which case you need to post the error message, or it just stopped executing without an error. Which was it?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If the phone doesn't ring, it's me".....Jimmy Buffet

Thank you for your help.
Yes Crystal Reports 10 and yes the old report are there they just unusable.
I do not get an error message it just doesn't load any data

We had our reseller rewrite all of our forms & reports prior to installation because so many fields changes. Sorry

Cindy, you need to get your reseller involved in this. They go to class where they learn how to do stuff like this. There is a lot about the change you seem to not know about and this lack of knowledge is preventing you from getting the reports to work. Call your reseller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back