Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4.2 to 5.0 Upgrade questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

fhirani

MIS
Feb 6, 2004
CA
We are upgrading SCCS 4.2 to 5.0 and Web Client 4.0 to 4.5

We would like to run the new systems in parallel to the old ones for testing and peace of mind reasons.

is this possible? has anybody done this before?

we are a little reluctant to upgrade the production boxes without testing the new versions first.

The 5.0 sccs will have test CDN's and Agents setup (we know that you can't share M1 Switch resources between servers... or so we've been told)

Can the 4.0 and 5.0 web client servers share the same multicast address?

any help would be appreciated

Well, you cannot have both servers connected to the PBX. As for multicast, both Web Client servers can have the same multicast receive. You would want to configure different send addresses.

A new feature of 5.0 is that you can put multiple servers on one PBX. From the "What's new" guide...

Symposium Call Center Server Release 5.0 introduces support for up to three separate servers in Symposium Call Center Server connected to a single Meridian 1/Succession 1000 switch. Each instance of Symposium Call Center Server is a logically independent call center, controlling separate switch resources.

However, I doubt that you'll be able to operate a 4.2 and 5.0 server on the same PBX.

Thanks for everybody's help, we managed to somwhat stage the upgrade and glad that we did, some of the issues would have been painful to discover on Production night

Thanks!

Feisal

We are planning on upgrading our Symposium 4.2 to 5.0 at the beginning of January also. Just curious, what issues did you experince with the upgrade? Did you upgrade the system yourself or did you have a vendor/contractor do the work? I'd like to be prepared as much as possible.
Thanks for you input!

There's waay too much that we did and learned.

the biggest thing was TEST TEST TEST
I can't stress this enough, as silly as it may sound to some and despite the cost, it's worth it.
do a test install of your upgrade and see how it goes, then fix the problems and do a production upgrade

We had issues with the SOAP client and running a 4.0 client with 4.5 SWC
Incorrect Keycodes
Problems with our test environment

We did the work with a vendor (Telus) and worked together to do the upgrades.

I can give you a call and provide you with more info if you like..

f

We are building a "test" server to see how the upgrade goes, and then are going to tear in down and rebuild it again. It's only adding about 8hrs of non-overtime labor to the project, so the exgtra expense is worth it. Also, we're handing the "test" server to our dba's for two weeks so they can be sure their data extraction still works OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back