Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4.2 reliablility

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie77

Programmer
Oct 15, 2004
GB
Has since it looks like 4.2.4 is one going out for GA has anyone got it running. I have a site that wants UMS and S0 bus from internal BRI card. I am due to upgrade this next week (Monday!!!) and am going to upgrade our in house kit tomorrow but would have prefered to have it running in house for a week or so before throwing it out at a customer.

Anyone any comment on 4.2??? Anything I should be careful of with IPO/VM Pro (with UMS) and 80+ IP phones (56xx)

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

been working fine for me for about 2 months now. you can not have UMS and IMS running on the same system, but besides that you should be good to go. make sure you reset all you phones so they can get the new .bin file... fyi if you didnt see you can actually reset them all through SSA by highlighting more than one at a time and clicking re-register.

It's actually a new install. been in running 4.1 for about a week so IMS not a problem.

Phones will be reset anyway as it is all getting moved from a temp XP VM Server to a Win Server 2K3 box so they will all need new DHCP.

Good to know it works.

Now just have to wait to able to order the UMS licenses!!!

Hopefully they will be on the ADI by Monday!

Jamie Green

I have had my 2 running since it first came out and they have been pretty good. THey are networked. It is a 500 and a 406 and i have not had any real issues other than i dont like how they have changed the twining. I used to be able to set my internal twining and then turn on and off my mobile twining with a button. when the button was off it would fallback to internal. now it is one or the other. and watch out for the short codes. when ever you make a voicemail collect it will always put "" around the telephone number. I have found you have to mess with it to get them to go away.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

kwing112000:
I guess you have raised those and got back "Design Intent" =)

I have this fun feature that I can open multiple configurations in the new manager by selecting 2 IPOs in the Open Configuration screen.
Avaya can't seem to reproduce that though...

The mobile twinning is now user based and is done because you can use mobile twinning now when you are logged out on your deskphone!

So it is desing intent indeed :)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Yes but that feature shouldn't require that you can't use regular twinning if you have a mobile =)

Customers that have IP DECT usually also have a deskphone so that would make them have to either use only their mobile or dect phone.

This is in the docs

· Internal Twinning: Software level = 3.1+.
Select this option to enable internal twinning for a user. Internal Twinning cannot be selected for a user if they already have Mobility Features selected.

Mobility Features:
Enabling this option requires the IP Office to have a Mobility Features license available. When all available licenses have been consumed, the Mobility features option is greyed out. Mobility Features cannot be selected for a user if they already have Internal Twinning selected.

You could try to do it with vmpro

Make a module where you can turn mobile twinning off and then turn on internal twinning
It is not the way it worked but it works again

Ah, I haven't looked that much in the docs, well then there's no point argueing, it's still crap though =)

At least we get the mobile feature finally, it's been requested for years over here so...

I had found it in the docs. I was bummed out because i have IPDECT and my mobile. I can twin to my dect like it is a mobile but you dont get the message light. So i just use manager to change it.. i guess i can take it if the UMS stuff works like they say.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

I will let you know about UMS next week.

Wish me luck!!

Jamie Green

Slightly off subject, but has anyone in 4.2 tackled the One-X symbian or MS Mobile client yet?
I have just wasted approx 2 days of my life trying to get around the short code structure in combination with the config file on the phone.

The PDF is a little misleading to me anyway and I am sure that No 2 would be a doddle but just cant get my head arround it and cant get a single feature to work, although monitor is starting to say things that look better.

Any examples of short codes, ICRs, other comments along with a large drink, would be really appreciated!

All the best,
Ricard

Business Phone Systems from Alfred Ashley - Voip and Avaya Digital Telephones for Offices in North West London

Just make a shortcode like this

*90xx
FNE
N
line id 0

ICR

incoming number is the DDI number you use
incoming CLI is the mobile number
Destination *9000