Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4.0 Wont reset to Default

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabst

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2005
US
I have a BCM 400 upgraded from 3.7 to 4.0 2 years ago, Company implemented 66 IP phones 6 months ago, I have been plaqued with problems since. 58 phones registered and 48 can 4 digit dial across network, the rest cannot. Delete those phones and reprogram and still cant dial. These 10 in Monitor grab Voip trunk and on 4th digit I see it hang up and grab the next trunk up and get reorder tone. Compare UIP log with phones that can call and they are the same. I suspected Data corruption on the Drive. I tried to do a cold reset and it goes through the motions and reboots but comes back with the same ext's and gateways and routes and dest in tact. BCM50 can do a level II reset, is the a way to do a level II on the 400. I also checked BFT and its good

Are your private rec'd digits still entered?

no level 2 reset on the 400. u have to use the the bit tool for that.

Yes, Found out the vendor that installed changed from 2/6 split to 3/5 with out a cold reset, I am installing a new hard drive due to the data corruption.

Thanks,

A cold reset is not required when changing the DS30 split from 2/6 to 3/5. Changing from 3/5 to 2/6 will default your database.

Be sure to get all the current patches on the replacement HDD. It's very important to stay current with patching.

-SD-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back