Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4.0 software mgmt patch 046

Status
Not open for further replies.

senk1s

Vendor
Dec 15, 2003
CA
has anyone had a failure to apply this patch (BCM.R400.046-SoftwareManagement)This was a pre req for the SU patches.
Here's the problem:
It is a removeable patch, but doesnt show in update history - so can't remove it.
Trying to reload shows patch as 'obsolete'

Tried new EM, system reboot - didnt help

When you installed the SU patch, it removed it.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Thanks for the reply. but ... sorry maybe i didnt explain the problem clear enough
046 is required to load any SU patch (and is bundled with the SU patch)
when loading patch, first 046 has be to loaded - towards the end it gave a quick error message 'failed to apply' and exited.
It doesnt show in the update history (it showed up in other systems that i've patched)
If i try to reapply the 046 patch, it says its obsolete (meaning it has been applied)

I think the patch is in a state of limbo (like me)
Maybe this makes more sense

OK sorry I can't help on that one.

try re-downloading and installing the element manager from that now patched bcm.

thanks magnagrp - i had already tried with a new EM in a different PC.
the BCM still thinks it has the patch.

It's been awhile but go in though Telnet and find the Dir that has the patches in it and delete the one your trying to install. I did thah once when trying to upgrade from 3.5 to 3.6 and it hung.

Hi senk1s, which SU patch are you applying? I'm looking for BCM.R400.046-SoftwareManagement patch and I don't see it in SU 4, or SU 5 and is not in Nortel's site. Thanks.

senks1,
I tried loading the system BCMR400.system005 for my client and so far it went okay. I read that requirements too but couldn't find a copy.The system.005 though once loaded had the software management .046 included. If there is a previous system patch, look for the system management .046 within it. My recommendation is to give it a try first.

the problem seems to have been not happening (touchwood)

We'll be trying the Nov patch soon ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back