Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4.0 Outcalling bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronromano

Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
US
Ok out calling on 4.0.5 is f'd. If you have an escalation list enabled, the system continues to call the next person after the message has been retrieved. This is obviously not spec. Has anyone else run into this? Is there a work around?

Hi ronromano, I am not sure this is a bug, I noticed that if you have the next time interval set to low like 2 minutes which I think is default the call out is looking at the time from when it starts. So if the message is answerd at the 2 minute mark, you may have a conflit and the 2nd call will be made. My suggestion is to increase the time to
6 or more minutes. This may give your user ample time to get the message. I tested this in our lab and it seems to work fine, I do think Avaya needs to improve the functions of this feature, specifically the time from when it goes to the next call number in my opinion it should be user selectable and also this should be in a visual form in manager. I will add that to your wish list.

ronromano, upon further testing I appologize I am having the same problem. THE PROBLEM STILL EXIST.

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. THE OUTCALLING STILL CALLS THE NEXT NUMBER ON THE LIST EVEN THOUGH YOU CHECK THE MESSAGE AND DELETE. BIG PROBLEM.

HELP

Not a fix but this may help. If you get an outcall and do *# then you can stop the outcalling; it won't be sent to the other numbers on the list. You then have to call into voice mail to retrieve the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back