Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3x8 ATA forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevost

Programmer
Oct 23, 2008
US
Hey all,

I've got an old(OLD) 3x8 norstar that is whipping my butt. It's got the follow me extn feature turned on that I can't figure out how to turn off. That's not the problem. The customer has 3 phones on the whole system, 2 T7208's and an ATA with just a cordless house phone on it. When you call the ATA extn(23) it says it's forwarded to 21. Well I can't figure out how to turn that off. I grabbed another 7208 off my truck and plugged it into that extn and hit F#4 and it cancelled it and the line would ring in. As soon as I plugged the ATA back in, it was forwarded again. Now, I can call out just fine, but they want the main line to ring in on that extn. I have it all programmed right, just need help turning the forwarding off. The cordless analog phone automatically picks up line one when you press talk. Need help guys, not sure how the forwarding got turned on in the first place, but like I said it's whipping my butt.

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks,

Kevin

It's got the follow me extn feature turned on that I can't figure out how to turn off. That's not the problem."

Sounds like to me it is the problem, if not then why mention it?.

When you plug in the M7208 in place of cordless do F*0 and press Intercom, it says 23 then set relocation is OFF, if it comes up with anything but 23 then set relocation is ON.
When its Off programming stays at the jack.
When its On then programming goes with the phone so swapping wont do you any good.

Do the code Ironhorse linked you too or turn Set Relo Off, swap, remove forward and swap again.

Set relocation:
Old programming - Configuration/Misc/SetRelo
New programming - Configuration/SystemProgramming/FeatureSettings/SetRelo

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

On DR1 is it still F**startup(whatever the numbers are)? I don't know why I never thought of that.

Yea i'm going to go down and try that. I'm just thinking if it doesn't work I can restart the system. It has just been a little thorn in my side that's more annoying than anything.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back