Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3rd Party Voice mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

texan01

Technical User
Mar 3, 2005
US
Customer has Mics 7.0 with 1 asm. Using analog ports to interface with 3rd party voice mail system. Here's the problem. When dialing into their mail box from a digital (7316) phone they need touch tones in order to access their mailbox. Am I right in thinking a 7316 will not pass TT or is there a way to get around this. Any suggestions.

Yea, I found the documentation I wasa looking for and saw that. Will that for sure solve my problem on not sending tones.

One more question, will a ASM with VMI work?

I guess I worded that wrong. I bought a ASM with VMI and still doesn't work. Works if I do a Feature 808 (long tones) before dialing an extension number. Any more suggestions.

You bought an ASM that has MESSAGE WAITING capabilities. That is not a VMI the ASM that you have is able to turn on lights on Analog sets.

That's what i thought, that's why I asked. Thanks. I guess I should have known the difference between ASm with VMI and just a VMI unit.

You don't need a VMI. Just analog ports (ATAs) and turn on the DTMF option for that port. SETS/CAPABILITIES>REC SHT TONES.

I don't see that option what software are you running?

I don't see it either and I am running 7.0.

If your aftermarket voicemail will only work after you turn on Long Tones (Feature 808) Then the problem is with the voicemail. There should be a setting that allows it to recognize shorter duration tones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back