Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3rd Party VM on a 3300 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhyanmeade

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2006
US
I installed a 3300 (MiVoice 7.0 SP1 PR1) in a hotel a while back. Their 3rd party vendor had to send a new VM server (along with Call Accounting) that would interface with the new 3300. They provided instructions to setup 4 Generic SIP devices to use as VM ports (3 in a hunt group for VM, and the 4th for MWI). The problem is only the first SIP device is registering. Watching the SIP tailing/tracing, the other 3 never even show requests to register. Long story short, they are blaming me for the 3300 not being programmed correctly. Anyone ever dealt with something like this?

Thanks.

Nope. Only SIP connections I have done for voicemails used SIP trunks not stations eg Innovations and MS Exchange.

You can't duct tape stupid.

So the 3rd party provided instructions, are these for the 3300 or for the Generic SIP devices? Did they also provide the SIP devices (SIP->Analog?) with the expectation that you would provision them AND the 3300 side?

It sounds like you know how to program the 3300, as you've got one of the devices registered. Perhaps some more info about the instructions they sent would help determine who gets thrown in the fire..

-b

I'd be asking whether the Voicemail is COE certified by Mitel and who sold it.

It sounds to me like not COE certified and not your responsibility

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I've done SIP-based VM integrations (Innovations, specifically). On the 3300 side, there's not really anything all that different other than the set type of the stations. Set up the SIP stations, set the COS options, put them in a hunt group, that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back