Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3rd party VM hardware does not pick up ID correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

timpan

Programmer
Oct 14, 2003
DE
Hi,

We are just testing a 3rd party voicemail system (connected to an analoge VMI extension) for our Definity G3. However the call is only being routed to the greeting and not directly to a specific mailbox if one calls a configured extension. The VM System receives #02#caller#extension called#. The manual says that the ID is not detected and one should add a pause before sending the extension ID. In our Definity I cannot think of doing this. Any ideas?

tim

Just a thought, is mode code turned on in the Definity?

BHanson

Yes. Mode Code is turned on.
Also the following options are activated:
LWC Activation: Y
Switch hook flash: Y
Adjunct Supervision: Y

Thanks.

Just a guess, but what about capturing the number in the name field.
Smith 1234, Joe
It works with the Octel.
lever.

Do you hear the digits come across the line. Clip on the line and monitor with a butt set and verify that your are getting digits. That would be the first step. Then if you hear the digits, you need to look at the integration setup. What is the brand of voice mail system?

I have a line monitor where I can see the digits come across the line. There I can see the digits that I mentioned in my first post. The brand of the VM is Yosin EVM which is supposed to work with Definity.

I'm not familar with that system, but if it is getting the digits, then it is just a matter of defining those integration packets in the voice mail system. Most systems can be customized for the integration packets...particularly since the number of extension digits can be 3, 4, 5...Do you have a trace utility with that voice mail system? Also, have you defined the mode codes on the Definity?

No the VM system does not have a trace mode. Mode codes are defined in the Definity. The vendor says the only thing we have to do is configure a pause in the Definity before send the extension but I cannot see how this can be accomplished.

In the Mode code System parameters screen, there is field called "Sending Delay". Try manipulating that field. Goodluck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back