Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3rd party IP Endpoint gets 403-forbidden after IPO restart. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcin Stasiek

Systems Engineer
Oct 24, 2022
PL
Hello.

I have IP Office Server Edition system with some Grandstream 3rd party endpoints (Grandstream GXP2130 and GDS3710 doorphone). All endpoints are registering to IP Office and works fine for many months until IP Office is restarted. Then Grandstream endpoint try to re-register but they receive SIP 403-forbidden response from IPO. SSA shows that Extension password is invalid but if I restart Grandstream device then it register successful.

I tried with UDP, TCP and TLS registration. It was tested on three different IP Office system with different software version (R.11, R.11.1 FP2 and FP3) and behaviour is always the same. I used Extn number and user name in the Auth ID field but also without results.
Maybe someone has a similar problem and knows the solution?

Regards.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=dbb37a76-f400-41fa-82d4-3573347c84b8&file=SipIssue.JPG
Did you check if the endpoint's IP address or extension is blacklisted?

Yes I checked. IP Address of the endpoint is blacklisted but even if I remove it from the blacklist the endpoint will no register until I restart it.

Are you seeing any license errors?
On the SIP extension. Try and reserve the 3rd party endpoint license for the Grandstream.

No I haven't any license errors. 3rd party endpoint license is reserved.

I noticed this recently on HT802s. I believed it was TLS related. I turned off SIPS (went straight SIP) and they seem to be reliable again. To fix them before I had to reboot the ATA.

We had faced to same issue with Grandstream phone. After IPO reboot, Grandstream phones cannot get register back.
We have to reboot again the IPO and also reboot the Grandstream to get the register.
We open SR support from Avaya and they also don't know how to fix.
According to them, Grandstream keeps sending the same "nonce" and Avaya IPO rejected the registration. (must be difference)
Grandstream_q1d2qp.png
y.

Check voip security in system.
Are you allowing all devices, or filtering Avaya Only.

Make sure that the SIP settings under the user are correct.
SIP Name = 10 digit phone number
SIP Display Name - Extension
SIP Contact = Extension.

On some 3rd party SIP endpoint, like Cisco.. I could only make it connect if the name is the same as the extension number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back