Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3GSI v11 Inserting long distance access code to vector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugsiensedgwick

Technical User
Jan 21, 2009
CA
I have an executive who is asking to send his calls to his cell phone when he doesn't answer.
Trouble is, his cell phone is a long distance number and our switch requires a long distance access code, so when people call his station it routes via a cov pat which is routed to a vector, which is then in turn routed to his cell phone and the caller is promped for the access code.
Does anyone know of a way to eliminate that?

What does the vector look like?

Susan
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you criticize them, you are a mile away ...
and you have their shoes.”

CALL VECTOR

Number: 19 Name: Curtis Matthes
Multimedia? n Attendant Vectoring? n Meet-me Conf? n Lock? n
Basic? n EAS? n G3V4 Enhanced? n ANI/II-Digits? n ASAI Routing? n
Prompting? y LAI? n G3V4 Adv Route? n CINFO? n BSR? n Holidays? y

01 wait-time 0 secs hearing silence
02 route-to number 94056277180 with cov n if unconditionally
03 wait-time 10 secs hearing silence

Create a remote coverage path and put the full number in here. The executive's phone should have permissions on the COR to access international numbers, so the coverage path should work, eg.

change coverage remote 1 Page 1 of 23

REMOTE CALL COVERAGE TABLE
ENTRIES FROM 1 TO 1000

01: 000441475551402 16: 31:

The entry above would dial the UK for instance.

[Started on Version 3 software 15 years a go]

Well, I changed the remote coverage to include the entire number as you said. I am unclear what else to do to either vector or cov pat, but it still prompts for the access code.

What if you try this in the vector:

[tt]route-to number 94056277180[red]~w1234[/red] with cov n if unconditionally[/tt]

with [tt][red]~w[/red][/tt] being the command for "wait for dial tone" and [tt][red]1234[/red][/tt] being the access code.

Susan

Wow, that almost works, trouble is there are not enough spaces (15) and it requires 16 or even 17. I typed the ~wXXXX account code even though it needed one more space to get it in. I thought perhaps the digits would be entered even though they don't have room to display. We also have a "#" to put in, 'optionally' at the end, to speed things up
On testing, it did seem to enter the digits which displayed on the line, as it came back and indicated I had entered an incorrect account code.

I have run into this problem as well and couldn't get the LD Code to be executed with the number inside the Vector. So what I did is, I assigned a 800 number to point to their Cell phone and entered it inside the Vector. Since we get the same LD rates form our Telco on the 800 or LD, so it still works out the same cost in long Distance

That would work as long as they don't require a long distance access code for toll-free numbers.

Susan

Yeah that would work here as well except this is a junior level exec and we probably won't spend the bucks to set up that 800#.
Thanks guys for your help.

Could you set up a local POTS line, have the carrier forward the calls to the cell, and put the local number in the vector....

Susan

That would work as well, however that's more expensive than the 800#.
Thanks for the good idea.

thread690-1353492 might be of interest to you - perhaps you can string two concurrent remote coverage path entries together.....

Just came across this in my archive while looking up another note.

Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back