Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3e24 LTO rewind issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie74

Technical User
Sep 24, 2004
SK
Hello all

We're getting multiple 3e24 FSCs on Seagate LTO1 drives in STK L700 library using Netbackup sw.
Is this common issue? Did anyone had similar problem ? Is there any Netbackup tuning
to solve rewind issues ?

Any comments are welcome. Thanx

regards

Hallo,

i have the same problem with STK L700 and IBM LTO1 - Drives. I have read one solution could be to add the line MEDIA_UNMOUNT_DELAY = 1200 to the bp.conf in /usr/openv/netbackup/ but it solved not the problem. I pressume it could be a Problem with the SAN. I used a portdisable port/ portenable port on our brocade switches, this solved a few problems with some drives. But sometimes we see the problem appears once more. We do in a short period of time a update of the brocade firmware and the firmware of the drives/Libary, i am interested to see, if it helps...

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back