Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3E24 FSC on DLT8K/STKL700 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicolas38

IS-IT--Management
Dec 3, 2007
Hi all,

I do have a customer who is having multiple 3E24FSC error on it's L700. To me the only way to fix this pb is to update the drives firmware (from V80 to V87)?

Soft : TSM 4.2.3.1
L700 : 3.13.01
Dlt8k : V80

Is it possible to find the V87 firm. for this type of drive ? Is it released ?

If i'm downgrading the librairy's firmware ? Will it return less errors of that type ?

Thanks in advance for an helping answer....

Nicolas38

Its not specfic to the DLT8000. 3E24 codes also show up with LTO drives. Some engineers say it looks like a media problem because it rears its head with HP and Fuji cartridges but not with other brands of cartridge. The fix is to apply the latest drive firmware whatever drive type you have. In the case of SDLT it was fixed with V83. I don't think the STK site offers DLT8000 firmware any more though.

Many tks for your last answer STKman...

If i do not get the latest DLT 8k firm, do you think that i can solve this issue by changing the customer cartridge or downgrading the µcode of the L700 ?

The good brands of cartridges are Maxell & Fujifilm ?

Nicolas38

Maxell & Fujifilm are good brands but Fujifilm have been mentioned as a possible cause. Why not do an audit of the machine and see if a certain brand is the cause in your case. It seems to happen with some high capacity media where the L700 gets fed up waiting for the rewind to finish and times out.

I wouldn't downgrade the firmware on the L700, that might introduce other problems.

I would contact STK repair outfits in your region and see if any can sort you out with the latest DLT8K firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back