Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3d text error lockup??/ 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

1andonly

Technical User
Dec 9, 2002
US
Does anybody know what causes this in win 98 and how to fix it? It just locks up tight thanks for any replies.

A bit more info would be nice, when and what you was doing/trying to do, possible driver problems, hardware issues who know, more info required

I came into work and this error was on the desktop, 3d text in the box and said it was an illegal operation, and everything was locked up. thats the best description I can give you. thanks.

your display card should be OpenGL compliant (as i understand it) to be able to run 3d text screen saver. if it is, maybe an upgrade of the OpenGL and display card drivers is necessary.

kilroy [trooper]

Screensavers have been locking up 98 since it first came out. Turn it off and go into the power settings just below that and set the monitor and maybe the hard drive too, to turn off after a set amount of time. Instead of using the screensaver your monitor just goes black and restores when you hit the keyboard or wiggle the mouse.

Jon

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge. (Bertrand Russell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back