Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3D computer game comparison database design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eep2

Programmer
Oct 19, 2002
US
I'm trying to design a 3D computer game comparison database using PHP and MySQL, incorporating all the data in and (46 games so far), and allowing submissions via the still-being-designed game entry form at .

Now, as you can see from the form, I want to allow people to enter custom fields in addition to the provided options (pull-down lists and checkboxes), but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to design that. Do I use "set" fields or cross-reference tables where keys are duplicated and the text-entry field data is entered in them or is there a more efficient way?

Games can have more than one of just about everything.

Original relationships: Later design (lots of cross-reference tables): Latest cross-reference design: Heirarchial design proposed by Barry White:
Here are some discussions I've been involved in so far regarding this database in case you need more info/details:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really need as thorough table structures as possible. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back