Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3Com Superstack 2 3800 Password Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatcat168

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2002
GB
Hi all

I have just got of an old 3com3800 switch. The admin password has been changed! Is there anyway I can reset it back to the factory default? Flashing firmware or Backdoor passwords! I have tried all the one published in the forum! Please help!

Hello
You are out of luck, unless you want to send it back to 3Com to recovered the password, COST in US ?????
SuperStack II 3800 and 9000 are OEM, 3Com does not have the documentaion to recover the lost password.

Please refer to the email from 3Com to my problems, I have one unit of 3800 & 9000, both are Layer 3 switches with password problems, you can used it as a switch with existing configuration but can not reconfigure it.

ttming@smjkdgs.edu.my
------------------------------------
Subject: Re: SuperStack II 9000 & 3800
To: Tiong Ting Ming <ttming@smjkdgs.edu.my>
Cc: APR_RMA_SAKR@3com.com
Sender: Young_Yuk_Park@3com.com
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 10:04:06 +0800
X-Virus-Scanned: by amavisd-milter (

Hi,

Kindly refer to the below repair cost.

3C16910 : U$3,491.25
3C16990 : U$5,248.25

Regards,
Ange.

Fine ! There is a lot of ideas - but...

I´ve an 3com Superstack II 9300 2-LX/10-SX (3C93011) SWITCH.

My Problem is: I could not login to reconfigure. My pal is walk out around the world and the 3com-support is over, because the machine was bought from 2001, and it´s to old since registration (just 2-year-free-support-help).
They gave me the offer to pay lot of money for help me here. - No thanks ! I haven´t !

Here are all my tried backdoors w/o effect (used serial-console):

adm/(none)
admin/synnet
admin/admin
admin/(blank)
admin/nopass
debug/synnet
write/synnet

... always &quot;incorrect password&quot; !
--------------
and:

root/(blank)
root/manger
security/(blank)
security/security
manager/manager
recover/recover
tech/tech
monitor/monitor
3comcso/RIP000

... always &quot;.. is not a valid access level&quot;

and here is NO reset-button on my machine ...

Maybe anyone got a quick idea ?! The delivered handbooks (the customer+admin handbooks) have no details for this case...

Does anyone have any idea or answer ?!

Greetings,

Phil (cloonie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back