Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3Com Superstack 1100 Switch - Backdoor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
We have a bank of Supertack II 1100 switches and one has been wrongly programmed. Alas, someone has set the passwords for Admin, Security and Manager - leaving only Monitor. We need now to clear all passwords back to factory default through the serial port. I thought a software upgrade t0 2.62 would initialize the switch and put it back to factory defaults, but it didn't. Can someone tell me if the backdoor passwords for say the 3000 will work with the 1100, or what else I might try?

Secondly - can someone point me tyo any decent articles as to why 3com have started to lose favour re their switches?

Finally, would any experts recommend the continued use of LANPLEX 2500s. A benefactor has donated some to a local school, but I'm worried about reliability and compatibility with the 1000, 3000 and 1100s.

Have you had a response to this? I have a similar problem with some 3300's. The book says you gotta send it back to 3com, but I can't believe there isn't a jumper or something inside to reset it. After all, what does 3com do? If you've had any luck, pleae advise. Thx

try user name 'debug' and password 'synnet' or 'tech' and 'tech' - hope this helps.

ps. these won't work on the 3900 switches as the hidden accounts passwords now change when the admin account password changes !!

I think they have to go back to 3com, or at least i haven't found a way of getting through yet ;-)

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back