Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3com nbx TIELINES

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanCarroll

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2005
US
Hello All
I am using a T1 card to tie two nbx's together. They are physically next to each other.
1 unit is running SIP mode and the other is running NIP mode, hense the tieline.
The Sip system can call extensions via this tieline no problem.
The SIp system can use the VTL's via the Tieline to call my other locations.
The SIP system can also be reached no problem.

My Problem is-- how do I make outgoing calls to PSTN from the SIP unit via the tieline?
Can this be done?
Thanks in advance

I woud stick to using VTL's to connect the systems together. Keep the T1 card as a hotspare in the office (those thingscosts over $3000). VTL licenses are a lot cheaper and that is how the nbx was meant to tie to other systems.

When it comes to sip and the NBX though, you need to make sure you have devices setup as trusted endpoints.

Thank you.
Unfortunately, my business group using NBX and VTL's to connect 8 sites,
has been aquired by a company that uses sip. My job is to merge them. That is why the tieline.
I can't convert my nbx's to sip as I have too many older phones(non sip-able).

to tell you the truth it sounds like youre stuck between a rock and a hard place.

With the nbx, the problem with SIP is that its all or nothing. To do this, first you need to upgrade the NBX to 6.5. Once on that version then you need to buy the sip license for the nbx. How may phones do you have off of the new company pbx and what type of pbx is it? how many users do you have hanging off of the nbx?

Is the nbx/new system in the same location? If not, is it possible to move the nbx to the new company location? because that is going to be your only other option if you cannot go to sip. You will need the controllers to be side by side connected via T1 or q.sig

Thank you again.
I am at 6.5.22. There is no SIP license. Just a check mark.
They are using SIP phones to tie to the PSTN. Now they want the same SIP phones to tie to the SIP enabled NBX. Which is working.
My problem is with the T1 tieline Dialplan.
I believe I have the solution and will update after testing

If you set up your T1 setting correctly, everything works!!
What a surpise.
Thank you all for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back