Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3com and DOS (Network Boot) 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MobBoss

Technical User
Jun 6, 2001
US
I would really like to know how to set up a boot disk to allow me to run a network under dos. I understand how to use the 'net' command (and can learn if I don't understand) but my problem is getting to the point of me actually setting up my card.
I am using windows 95 and NT 4 on the network, and using all 3com cards. If someone could give me a generic example I could probably build it up from there. Thank you all very much for you time.

Well it depends on your model of NIC. The DOS NDIS driver varies based on the chipset in the NIC. For example, 3Com 3C509B NICs use a different NDIS driver than 3CSOHO100 NICs. I have a disk I built for our Dell computers with integrated 3C509B NICs that I could send, but your mileage may vary, I don't know if it works with retail NICs as well.

-- Charles

I used to make bootdisks with the norton ghost bootdisk wizard and then alter it a bit...

It works pretty good.... I never had any problems with it...

You may try also...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back