Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3com 4060 vlan routing issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iaintkd

Technical User
Nov 12, 2002
GB
Hi all, big post coming up
any info or pointers would be great.
Trying to set up 2 vlans, default vlan1 and vlan2
So I've a 4060 with ethernet link to a 4400SE and my router links by ethernet into my 4060.

so

router --- 4060 --- 4400

I've set up the vlans on the 4060 and 4400 with all ports on both units untagged members of vlan1 ( except the port connected to the vlan2 pc on the 4400SE ) and the ports that link the 4060 and 4400 tagged members of vlan 2 and the pc port on the 4400 untagged member of vlan2.

I've set up another interface on different IP and subnet on the 4060 and assigned that to vlan2

The pc is configured on vlan2, now I can ping the interface on the 4060 assigned to vlan2, ping the actual IP of the 4060 but can't hit the router and don't get internet access or ping any other machine on vlan1.

I've turned on rip and authentication is none, mode is RIPv2 but still can;t seem to hit vlan1 or the router.

the ARP tables display all the ip and mac address for vlan1 and vlan2 the interfaces all show as being up.

All firmware is updated to the latest version from 3com, really banging my head now please any help would be great.

cheers
Iain

Is there anything I need to do to get 4060 to inter vlan route apart from turn on rip ?

Still can't get this to go and I think I've tried everything I can think of

cheers
Iain

ok I've hit a brick wall here, nothing seems to work for me with this and i assume no one here can help me.

Vlans eh.

Just a little more info incase it sparks someone into thinking.

Create another interface with diff subnet and add to vlan 1 as secondary and all subnets can talk to each other no problem, however creating another vlan and add the interface to the vlan and communication between vlans dont work. All end station ports untagged and uplink ports tagged but nothing , so looks like I'm giving vlans a wide bearth for a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back