Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3com 3cp5699a modem and windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

compnut24

Technical User
Jun 11, 2001
US
i just purchased this modem from walmart. windows cannnot find the drivers and it detects it as simple communications device. I used the cd install, and got the drivers from the internet, blah blah, got it to install. It always gives me the no dial tone error, even though there is a dial tone. i set it to dial without checking for a dial tone, and it dialed, but the isp, or any number for that matter would ansewer. no it is not my phone line, i am using another modem right now. the os is windows 2000. anyone have a idea as to why it would do this?

Thanks.
Skyler

ive already tried those, and they dont want to seem to work either.

Thanks for your help though.

i have the same problem, even used the inf that came with the modem. the modem can't even be seen by win 2k.

i also have downloaded and used the inf that came with 3cp5699a_2k.exe, to no avail.

any more ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back