Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3COM 3300 Port Mirroring For Sniffing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeezur

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2002
US
how do you set up port mirroring on the 3com 3300 switch so you can watch another ports traffic with a sniffer?

There is a feature called roving analysis, on more modern 3300 code it may be found under features othewise you will have to look at for it on the menus or the web interface.

This will set up port mirroring for you.

thanks timregester ... i actually did some research and found the web management functionality of the 3com switches and from within that i came across the port mirroring section. i sure dont like the 3com switches compared to ciscos thats for sure! thanks again.

They are designed to be configured and managed with minimal training unlike cisco switches, for sheer layer 2 performance they knocked the cisco competition for six, but with similar build quality and lower price, these switches were very popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back