Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3COM 3000 Switch Password Recovery 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCTBrokers

Vendor
Jun 26, 2003
US
Hi,

I've browsed every thread on this forum pertaining to this topic and have tried everything listed and so far nothing works. I've attempted many times to upgrade the firmware but no matter how I go about it I keep getting a "Status 8" "Load Server not responding". Does anyone have any other ideas of how to reset to default or any ideas of what I may have missed? If anyone has good step by step instructions I'd really appreciate it.

I fixed my status 8 problem but now it says it is restarting the switch, but it takes forever and nothing happens. Is this normal, how long does it usually take?

I am getting the same exact error. What did you do to get stop the Status 8 error. I will try it on mine to see if it works.

Thanks

Eric
ericandrews@yahoo.com

Status 8 - same issues w/ a SSII Desktop Switch (3C16902).

I am looking for clarification on what the correct gateway / IP settings should be for the switch. Since i am only connected to the console port, it is unclear what I should consider my "gateway" ... i am going through a computer to get to my router and thus my TFTP server.

Any more details from those that have successfully upgraded in this manner would be helpful.

Solved the Status 8 errors. The switch needs to be MANAGED via the console port, but any data transferred (TFTP in this case) needs to be done over one of the ethernet ports. I read somewhere that, to be safe, don't use the module port(s), but stick to one of the 24 default ports. Now when attempting the TFTP, I instead am getting Status 10 errors (record length mismatch).

This must be due to me having the incorrect files. As a clarification from those that have successfully upgraded, should the upgrade files be ".exe" executables? I noticed that someone was upgrading with a ".slx" file. The only files at 3com for my switch are executables.

Again, this is a SSII Desktop Switch (3C16902), and the files available are: dt3_10.exe, dt3_21.exe, etc. Any other input from those that have successfully upgraded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back