Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

39M4575 drives not working in DS4100 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

edebuhr

Technical User
Sep 14, 2005
US
OK, odd one here. I place the drives in a known good DS4100, but in the latest Storage Manage, drives come up with red "X" and when you look at the properties, you get:

Have like 30 of these drives, all were brand new. and all are Seagate ST3400832NS manufactured on 08-May-2006

Want to know what to do to fix. I am at current levels of all firmware as well on the controller. Firmware on these drives is 5.23 it says in the properties, for IBM, but also has Maxtor 7Y50M0(YAR51HW0)

Any assistance would be great.

it says uncertified... Most storage vendors certify disks ( they put a special signature on the disk ),so it would not be possible to go out an buy disks that arent fully quallified and tested by their engineering department.if you would buy disks certified for the DS4100 , you will normally not have any problems.

rgds,

R.

Right, I understand this, but these were brand new sealed boxes from IBM. Wondering if something got messed up at the factory, as all are Seagate made with the date code of 08-May-2006. I had others of the same part number. and different date codes that worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back