Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3905 Red Flashing Light when ringing needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachelle

Technical User
Jul 30, 2003
US
On a non-acd, normal 3904, when the phone ringings, the red light flashes. Well, the folks in one of our call centers wants their ACD, CCMS acquired sets to flash while ringing too. I don't see anything obvious in the CLS of these sets. What would you recommend? Below is a TNB of a typical set.

DES 333152
TN 028 0 06 01
TYPE 3905
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
FDN
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 2
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
XLST
SCPW
CLS CTD FBD WTA LPR MTD FND HTD TDD CRPD STSA
MWD LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LND CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDA CDMA LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDA CFXD ARHD FITA CNTD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDA CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USMD USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
CDMR
CPND_LANG ENG
HUNT
PLEV 02
CSDN
FCAR NO
SPID NONE
AST
IAPG 0
AACS YES
ACQ AS: TN
ASID 16
SFNB 2 5 6 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 19
SFRB 1 2 15
USFB 1 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 12 13 14 15
CALB 1 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 12
FCTB 1
ITNA NO
DGRP
PRI 01
MLWU_LANG 0
MLNG ENG
DNDR 0
KEY 00 ACD 7120 0 3252
AGN
03 SCR 3152 3 MARP
08 MSB
09 NRD
10 ACNT
17 TRN
18 AO6
19 CFW 4
20 RGA
21 PRK
22 RNP
24 PRS
25 CHG
26 CPN
27 CLT
28 RLT

Thanks for the tutorial!!!

Cheers,
rachelle

no matter where you go, there you are.
"This participation is persona and does not represent the United States Census Bureau." They make me say this.

Would LMPX do what I am wanting?

rlc

"This participation is persona and does not represent the United States Census Bureau." They make me say this.

That is for mailbox status, by default, I think the light should flash on a call.

Mato' Was'aka

I tried LMPX and it had no effect. The light doesn't do anything, when I call the DN on key 3. There are no mail boxes associated with agent phones.

Next???

rlc

Does the light ever work? IE, ACD/SCCS call on key 0, or MWI?

Also there is an option in the phone itself called "Call Indicator Light" - is this on?

~M~

Matthew - Technical Support Engineer

These are 3905s and I don't see where you would turn on/off a Call Indicator Light. Where is this found?

When you call the skillset of one of these phones, you hear a long tone (only once)and there is no incoming call indicator.

Could this be by design? I am looking at the key maps of the 3904 and 3902 sets. They show that the red light is both a Message Waiting Indicator and an incoming call indicator. The 3905 only shows this light a a MWI.

Thoughts?

rlc

There is a promt under the "options" key on the 3904 and you can turn the light on from there but I don't know if the 3905 has the same option?

I don't have an options key on the 3905 sets. There is one on the 3904s..... Where do you see the options key that you are referencing?

rlc

Are you using call force???? It beeps once and they have the call? That would explain it. There is nothing to turn on for the light to light when ringing. Call force is set on the Queue, as well as, in Symposium Call Presentation. I have 1,000 3905s, I call it, it flashes, nothing to set

Mato' Was'aka

No call force. It beeps once and continues to ring to the caller but, it only flashes the carrot by the IN Calls key. I have 1100 agents and they want the light to flash. I don't know how to make it flash. My CLS is FITA, that is why it only beeps once. So far, they want to keep that. Maybe, that CLS is in conflict with the light.... I will test it out.

[grasping at straws]

rlc

I do not think you will resolve it via CLS. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have not seen an LED type setting ever. Have you unplugged and plugged any in to see if the light actually works?? (not that you would have 1100 bad ones, but what up???)

Mato' Was'aka

NO light. NADA.... I can get multiple rings but, no light to light. How frustrating?!?!?! Really????

FITA vs. FITD made no difference in the light not coming on.

rlc

RGNI gave a SCH0341
RGNB took but, it did not effect the lamp for incoming calls.

rlc

Usually the options key is key 7 on our phones. And there is a choice there to turn on/off light indicator

on the 3905 there is a Call Indication Light, as mentioned above, in the telephone options.

Mato' Was'aka

I don't see an OPTIONS KEY anywhere on this phone. Where is it? Is it a softkey that I would have to do something before I could see it?

I am also checking out the Loadware on these systems. Maybe I don't have a current release.....

rlc

Okay... I finally found the key. It says that the incoming call indicator is turned ON but, that light doesn't do anything. It doesn't matter what phone I plug in. I can't imagine that all of them have faulty lights. Right???

not impossible to have a bad lot, or a pbx software -to- phone firmware issue. Have you "Up'd" any of the sets firmware if possible.

Mato' Was'aka

I am still waiting on confirmation, from all sites, for what loadware is on each PBX. This is happening in all locations, on all 3905s. I am hoping that it is a software issue. I will be coming in for monthly maintenance and this could be loaded and pushed out all at one time.

rlc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back