Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3904 Telephone personal directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffa

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2002
GB
When moving phones, by TN swap, I notice that the personal directory of the user stays on the original set, and the phone must be physically moved as well. Is there any way to transfer the directory to the new TN?

As far as I know what you saved in that directory stays in the memories that the telephone has, so everything you input in that directory, stays in the set.
I doubt there is a way to transfer that information, but if there is one Ill be glad to know

supportvzla

Hi there
to trasfer to whole memory of the M3904 set, you need a CTIA Catridge and the Personal Directory PC Utility Software.

Personal Directory PC Utility
The Personal Directory PC Utility provides a faster, easier way to create or modify
the Personal Directory on the M3904. You can enter names and numbers into a
directory file on your PC, and download the file directly from the PC to the M3904
through a serial port connection. You can also upload the Personal Directory from
the M3904 to your PC so that you can modify the directory. The PC and the
M3904 are connected using the Personal Directory PC Utility Cartridge. The Computer Telephony Integration Adapter (CTIA) may also be used to connect the PC and the M3904 when used with the optional Personal Directory PC Utility
software.

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back