Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3904 locked due to interruption of firmware download

Status
Not open for further replies.

ts4tekcu

Technical User
Oct 9, 2007
US
We have a 3904 phone which we programmed to update the firmware using the LD 32, FDLF command. Unfortunately, I accidentally did it twice. It was interrupted the second time and now is stuck in MBSY when STAT'ing the TN. We tried disabling the TN and OUT'ing it, but still no success. Any suggestions or ideas?

I had that happen once. Re-ran force down load, then it was okay.

Mato' Was'aka

thanks for the tip. but its still not coming up after I run an IDU. I also saw a bunch of BUG error messages.

Print the TNb and then Out the TN and then rebuild it.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

OUT'ing the TN did not work. I already sent a replacement phone request from the vendor.

Just wondering, if you put another 3904 on that TN does it work can you IDU it or is the system still trying to do the upgrade?

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

IDU doesn't work. Haven't tried installing another 3904 (it's off site). I'll just wait for the replacement to come in to be safe. Thanks for the tips.

I had an issue with one of our switches and firmware updates. Had to first suspend the firmware downloads (FDLC) then force the download (FDLF) on the set in question. I was able to again use the set.

We had an issue with this at one of our sites too. The users were all told that if they see weirdness on their displays, they should unplug their phones and plug them back in...

Well this works well with 2616's.
However when a 3904 is getting a flash download and the phone is in maintenance and gets unplugged, it has no idea what it is. At this point the phone system does not recognize it as a phone and the phone will not accept a further download.

We were told that if the EPROM is damaged in this matter that your only recourse was to send it back to nortel to be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back