Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3904 - block all incoming call

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisasterMaster

Technical User
Feb 2, 2012
US
Anyone know how I call block all incoming internal and external calls to a specific 3904 set?
I want to allow the user to call out and receive no incoming calls at all.

There probably is a way to do this but I have never set it up. I would probably just assign a number that no one knows (internally or externally). Yeah, they could get a few random calls depending on what you use.

You would in this case best use internal numbers (so not matching your DDI range for this.
Quite common in Contact Centres.

In LD 49 you can block the DDI from being delivered to your specific 3904 set.
Say your set is 4000 (matching the DDI 4000).
In LD 49 you would change the IDC for 4000 to 1000, where the last one could be a phantom DN (type 500).
The caller will now just hear ringing.

Block incoming internal does not work I think, you can mask the number to be shown when calling of course, so no one will find out what the number is.
CLS DDGD stops displaying the number on the called phone.

Change the DN to something that's not a DID, and change keys from SCR to SCN. They'll still be able to see the key ringing, but won't hear it (I mean who stares at their phone all day?). Alternatively, you could change KEY 00 to KEY 06 or higher so those appearances will be visible show up on the screen when you hit the 'shift' key on the 3904, and change the LHK setting to the same value as the first line appearance on the phone. For example... if KEY 06 is set to SCN 1234 - make LHK to 6. Key's 0-5 will show up as either blank or whatever else you want to program them as.

Or go ahead, make KEY 00 SCN 1234 - and so long as you're running later firmware on the phone (usually off a PBX that has CS 1000 v6 or higher on it), you can change the key label on the phone to whatever you want it so the person sitting at the phone can't say "yeah call me at x1234). I think... we do this to change the 'in calls' KEY 00 on 3905's from the CDN to the position ID. I don't have a 3904 here to try that on for a non-ACD phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back