Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3903 Call Log Password Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

joatsaint

IS-IT--Management
Sep 7, 2005
US
Once again, I am stumped - even my Nortel switch admin didn't know how to fix this one.

I have a 3903 phone with the call log password set.
The password is in the phone itself, not on the switch.
I swapped out the phone with another 3903 and could get to the call log. I plugged the old set into another phone line and the password is still there. So I know it is in the phone.

How do I reset it?

I have gone into LD 32 and cpwd. I tried the default of 12345678 and 0000.
I have rebuilt the phone from scratch, I did not cpy 1.
I have left the phone unplugged for over 12 hrs.

Is there a reset button or pins I can short?
Any suggestions, other than hitting the phone with a hammer? :)

Hit the Call Log key
Enter the current password
arrow (scroll) down to Password admin
turn off the password.

Take the rest of the day off. ;-)

If you don't know the current password, maybe reload the firmware? (I'd wait for confiormation from one of the other guys before doing that though - I am just guessing.)

I don't know the password and I pushed out the firmware, no results.

I just found this in another thread:

Go into LD 32
CPWD l s c u
c u (option 11)
This will default the password
to 12345678.

Probably worth a shot.

I just tried it with mine and it worked but it just turned the password off instead of setting it to 12345678

I doubt it makes a difference but mine is a 3904. I also have a 61C so I had to do LSCU instead of just CU.

My phone is a 3903 and cwpd doesn't turn off the password or set the default pw.

I have flashed the phone several times and then ran cwpd with no results. Now I have another user with a 3903 saying that their phone is now asking for a password to access the call log.

Could this be something in the switch that got corrupted? We did have a major power outage last week that took the switch down for 4 hours. We had our Nortel service provider bring the switch back up, but we still have one of our T1's down for maintenance.

I'm not trying to be a smart-alec here but if I made a change to a particular TN and the phone I expected to change doesn't change while another phone that I didn't expect to change does - I would make sure I was working on the right phone first. (It happens to me every once in a while - there's a lot of wires down there!) I would tone out the jack to the switch first and then maybe IDU the TN (which won't help much unless they are 2 different phone models - IDU will tell you definitively what is at the other end of the line.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back