Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krasemir

Technical User
Jun 11, 2007
JO
hi all
when i dial from 3904 or 3903 to anothet busy phone i got following message on the phone screen : Destination busy activate ring again.
a when we use the 3902 on the same way we got anothe message: Enter code to charge. which it work as activate ring again, how can i chang this message to be as the first one ??

syestem is CS1000E RLS. 5

thanks alot

add a ring again key to the 02

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Try uploading some new firmware to the 3902. I had the same issue the other day, and that worked for me.

i`ve programmed key 2 RGA , but it still same message appear .

macca12 could you please tell me what is the firmware that you download .( is it from nortel site )and how to upload it ??

Digital telephone Firmware is on the system already and is delivered with the core software. Although there is a procedure to modify this, this is rarely done if ever.

When you upgrade your software, or get new phones, a step that is often forgotten is to sync the FW version of the telephone with the system.

Go into LD 32 and issue an FSUM command:

Code:
ld 32
NPR000
.fsum

**M3902  SUMMARY
084  - ON DISK

**M3903  SUMMARY
089  - ON DISK

**M3904  SUMMARY
092  - ON DISK
090 (024 )  - 000001   SETS FOUND

**M3905  SUMMARY
092  - ON DISK
090 (018 )  - 000001   SETS FOUND

This shows that I have a 3904 and a 3905 on my system at firmware version 90, and the system itself has FW version 92.

See the NTPs to setup a schedule in LD 97, or if you have a particular TN that you want to do (in my case I know these are TNs 004 0 04 01 and 004 0 04 05 I can run the command:

Code:
>ld 32
NPR000
.fdlu 4 0 4 1

While this is running an hourglass shows on the set display and it does take a few minutes to run.

--
Fletch

Nortel Emergency Services PLM

thanks alot Nortel911PLM , but as i see on the casa above , do you mean that by doing the comand fdlu 4 0 4 1
that mean the firmware for 3902 will change to be as 3904 , i want to know how the firmware for 3902 well change to be as 3904 ??

Think of the FDLU command as updating the phone to the "latest version available".

Get the TN of your 3902 phone, and type: "FDLU (that TN)" It will upgrade the phone's firmware if it needs it.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

It will not upgrade your 3902 to a 3904!

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

But only if the Pixey Dust option is enabled...

Sorry for the confusion krasemir, I was using a 3904 on my lab system as a reference.

The phones identify themselves and get the appropriate software based on model. My point was that FW for digital phones is embedded in the software, where IP phones are separate.

The 2 devices operate on the back end completely differently, and IP Phones have the ability of using a more flexible mechanism for firmware inherent in that technology.

--
Fletch

Nortel Emergency Services PLM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back