Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3828 Unable to find this media or a blank media. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadragon

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2001
IE
Hi all,
Have been having some problems with my database latley, ran dbcheck and it found errors in astpsdat. So I ran dbfix and after almost 48 hours it finished and my problems seemed to be over :)
Now, I ran my monthly backup on Friday and it ran fine but gave me this error on the last server it was to back up?? I checked event log and scsi connections weren't lost. I am at a loss as to what this is about. I clean the drive regularly??
Any ideas, possible relation to db not quite fixed??
Thanks
Babs ;)

I've had a similar problem... The issue in the end was the fact that we were using old / overused media. Try using a new tape in the drive

Thanks will try that asap!!
Babs :)

Hi Partypooper,
Have used a new tape and have had no error messages since, thanks for the tip :)
Babula

Hi guys,

I am having the same problem, with a variation. There are 22 jobs in the queue. Five balk whe run, W3832 Unable to find blank media, the rest back up smoothly. The problem jobs show up consistently at each run. I tried all of your suggestions, and more. Now I switched tape drives to see whether we have a flaky SCSI card in the problem drive. Any suggestions?

Puzzled in DC,

John

Try increasing the timeout from the default of 5 minutes to 20~30 minutes. It may be timing out before the drive/tape becomes available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back