Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3750 Lost LAN , Reboots System

Status
Not open for further replies.

HutchComm

Technical User
Nov 16, 2006
US
Here is a weird one.. I have a 3750 at a remote site that is tied to our CORNET off our HICOM300.. Seems The 3750 Looses LAN conection and we can not log into it. I have been told to just remove the patch cable from the 3750 network port and plug back in and it will re-establish link.. Well it does,, after it shuts the whole system down after pulling the LAN patch cable.. Is there a fix for this,, or is this a normal thing... This switch has lost its database a few times and wondering if it could be a bad processor... Thanks for the help..

What version is running on your 3750?

check software versions, RN and logging. take traces and create ICTS ticket

Its v4.0 ,, Tech support has no clue why its dropping. I have IT dept. monitor errors for port and nothing on their end.

logon with development rights
goto teleservice -> maintenance -> tracer settings and clear current trace data en set settings to default.

set network service to 9
set ethernet driver to 9
set ip main to 9
set ip modul to 9

after the error occurs goto DMA and read out all service date and set it to your BLS engineer

I have had a similar problem. It is the main board that hosts the processor and LIM module. Power off the 3750, pull out the main board carefully and make sure the flash ROM and all the components are seated properly. Put it together again. Worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back