Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3700 RES 5.4 Install - Converting Res 5.2 database error

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwwillia

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2015
CA
Hello

I have a fresh RES 5.4 install. When I attempt to upgrade the database of a 5.2 (Sybase 11) store I get an error message File not found.

This happens during the RES 5.4 install or if I do DM -u "C:\path".

Some notes:

- I have full administrator access to the machine
- This is on a new Windows 8.1 load fully patched
- this happens no matter where I place the backup.mbz5 file

Anyone have any ideas?

Hello

What I ended up doing was loading a new win7 RES 5.2 image, imported the database I wanted to upgrade and then performed an upgrade of the installation. This converted the database to mbzg2 which I was then able to backup and restore on my Win 8.1 / Res 5.4 image.

Yeah the complete error message was pretty much file not found. It would start to try and convert and fail out instantly with the dm.log saying only (for errors) file is not found. It is possible the backup I had was bad - I have updated many databases in similar fashion without issue in the passed. (Well some issues just never file not found :) )

This is good information.
This weekend, I will be attempting to install a fresh copy of micros 3700 5.4 on windows 7 Pro VM.
I was told through this forum that after a fresh installation of 5.4, then just copy the database files from old 5.0 to this new install.
Is this process this simple?
anything I may be missing, please?
thanks

You will need to upgrade the database via command line DM -U [path to database]. Hopefully you will have better luck then I did last :)

Thanks.
I have micros 3700 5.0. Should I upgrade to 5.2 first, before upgrading to 5.4, or I can go straight from 5.0 to 5.4?
thanks

I like to go through the steps,
5.2 then the gen2 prerequisite, then 5.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back