Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3700 Required to Upgrade in 3 Mo.? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dampbluff

IS-IT--Management
Feb 23, 2022
US
Sorry that this is a double post. I posted on All Oracle, but the last post there is from years ago, so I thought I'd try my luck here.

A Toast rep has told me that restaurants that run 3700 will be required to upgrade to Simphony by June. Does anyone know if that's true and what the specifics for that transfer would look like? While I don't have a hard time believing Oracle would do something like that, it does sound like something a salesman would say to create urgency(I mean, even if it IS true, that's why he told me!).

Not computer-related per se, I just know you guys will be quicker than straighter than a 2 hour long phone call with support, and Googling didn't reveal anything.

I appreciate the help,
Dell

why do sellers always have to sell with fear and can't put it into normal words.
I am not a seller, I was only a consultant. :)

To explain what will happen this year.

The Licence of 3700 was and is a one time pay and unlimited use.

The latest Version 5.7 will go to Sustaining Support means a "Oracle-EndOfLife-Light" on Aug 14, 2022

Latest Document for verification
You can ask Oracle Support for help BUT no further Updates or Security Patches will be created.

Sustaining Support
Sustaining Support puts you in control of your upgrade strategy. When Premier Support expires, if you choose
not to purchase Extended Support, or when Extended Support expires, Sustaining Support will be available for as
long as you license your Oracle products. With Sustaining Support, you receive technical support, including access
to our online support tools, knowledgebases, and technical support experts. You benefit from
 Major product and technology releases
 Technical support
 Access to My Oracle Support
 Fixes, updates, and critical patch updates created during Premier Support and Extended Support (if
offered and only after the Extended Support period ends)
 Upgrade scripts created during the Premier Support stage
Sustaining Support does not include
 New updates, fixes, security alerts, data fixes, and critical patch updates
 New tax, legal, and regulatory updates
 New upgrade scripts
 Certification with new third-party products/versions
 Certification with new Oracle products
For more specifics on Premier Support, Extended Support, and Sustaining Support, please refer to Oracle’s
“Technical Support Policies.”

That's great to know.

Although I am at some point most likely switching, the fact that I don't need to learn a new system in the middle of summer is a relief.

Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back