Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3700 5.6 Item shared no longer discounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildbar

Technical User
Oct 15, 2004
CA
Having an issue with discounts working on items that are shared between seats or bills. When we do this the item discount drops off.
The share option is not checked and greyed out (although a number of our older discounts the option is checked but greyed out) The help here says to refer to the employee class to set the share....which is set correctly.
So we have a $4 taco we sell for half price. Shows up as $4.00 taco and $2.00 discount for a $2.00 bill.
When shared between two seats the Taco discount falls off and each seat is charged $2.00.
have tried changing the discount to sale price, substitute price etc but cant get it to work correctly.
RES 5.6
Any suggestions
Thanks

Can you modify the shareable checkbox in EM and push down the chahge from there?

I would guess you could either get access to that check box by going through support and having them log into with one of their admin accounts that has higher privileges or possibly create a new discount by copy record / past record of one of the existing discounts that already has the box checked and modify the rest of the settings to be the same as original discount.

Like that suggestion. Copied over a shareable discount, modified it act as the troublesome discount.
When sharing an item with the discount the discount falls off though.

Are there any restrictions set under the discounts tab ? like "One Discount of this type per check"?

No restrictions.
Might need to pull up the old 4.3 manual and give it a read again

Well, get this, there is a bug that 5.7.5 fixes... where you can't select any date beyond December 2020. I wonder which version of RES that bug cropped up because I don't think it said...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back