Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3616 Wireless phone config

Status
Not open for further replies.

in4ni

IS-IT--Management
Apr 13, 2008
US
I have a problem getting an Avaya (spectralink) 3616 to attach to my Access points. Currently we have 2 existing 3641's and 2 3616's in service and all work well. Recently we had 1 3616 and 1 3641 go out for repairs. Upon return the config was wiped. I put the 3641 in the cradle configured it up with no problem using the existing SSID and WPA passphrase. Genereated the key and wrote the config to the phone, no problem, all is well with the 3641
The problem is with the 3616 that has to be programmed from the keypad. I enter the SSID and WPA passphrase, the key generates. The phone will not attach. The display showes "NO net found no ap's". I even tried entering the entire 60 digit key instead of using the passphrase to no avail. Any suggestions ? as this issue has kicked by butt

Thank you

Perhaps it wasn't repaired correctly, if it is configured exactly as the other 3616's then that would be a possibility :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Not likely the case, I picked up on og the working 3616's to look at the config and somehow something changed and now it gets the same error, I tried re entering the SSID and Passphrase to no avail, Now i have 2 phone that wont connect

The original spectras were a little funny in that it always appeared that you had to cradle flash them twice before they would work. Flash once with all valid static IP addressing and the remainf cfg and twice with dhcp addressing. They always seemed to need a static addressing boot so to speak.

I trust that you have examined the spectra docs which say this as the resolution(s) for the error:

Wireless IP Telephone cannot find any APs.
This indicates any of the following:
No radio link. Verify that the AP is turned on.

No SSID – Incorrect SSID. Verify the SSID of the wireless LAN and enter.

AP does not support appropriate data rates. Check the AP configuration against configuration document for AP.

Out of range. Try getting closer to an AP. Check to see if
other Wireless IP Telephones are working within the same range of an AP. If so, check the SSID of this Wireless IP Telephone.

Incorrect security settings Verify that all the Security settings in the Wireless IP Telephone match those in the
APs.

not an Access point issue as the other wireless phones are working fine. The 3641's and 1 3616 work fine. Is just a few of the 3616's i am using the same SSID and WPA passphrase as i use for the 3641. whats the deal with thse crappy 3616's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back