Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

360 rotation using a slider

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOGlette

Programmer
Mar 9, 2004
US
I am new to Flash. I want to create a 360-degree rotation of a product. I have my product photos (a total of 18 separate shots, taken at 20-degree increments) and I've designed slider and pointer graphics. I can't figure out the relationship between the rotation and the slider graphics. I can do a full 360 rotating MC, but I can't control it.

To see an example of what I'm trying to do, go to this page:

Once there, click on "A Brief Introduction to Torque"
When loaded (or you can click Skip), click on "Showroom"
Choose any motorcycle

This is just one example of many I have seen on the internet, and it's exactly what I'm trying to accomplish.

Any suggestions on how to get me going in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

i have a fla that has an example of a 360 degree rotation

send me your email and i will send it to u

henrik_reid@hotmail.com

Oldnewbie,

Thank you for your reply.

What you attached is exactly what I'm looking to do. I figured out a way to do a 360-degree rotation using a mouse over effect. I would rather use a click and hold method like in your example.

Thanks again,
HOGlette

I'm gonna bring this thread back to life since I have the same need as HOGlette originally posted. I was using a software I brought that automatically generate 3D product shot from my images. It does a great job creating the final result but most visitors aren't able to view it. Not good.

Looking at the sample 'playertruck' oldnewbie provided, it looks like I can produce the same thing with Flash. Thus, I wanna make an attempt to try using Flash to create 360-degree rotatable product shots that incorporates a slider (like the playertruck sample) or 'mouse-drag' to rotate the product left or right.

Being still new to Flash, I'm looking at the experts members of Tek-Tips for assistance. If anyone knows of any online tutorials or how-tos, books or sample scripts I can refer to that addresses this issue, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks is advanced.
-Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back