Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3584 Checkin/out issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcuser

Technical User
Aug 26, 2008
GB
Hi

We've recently bought some 3584 libraries but have hit a strange problem when checking tapes out.
Our library manager controller TSM server checks out tapes without a request being issued.
However our other server (not LMC) will not check a tape out without first loading it into a drive to verify, then issuing a request on the LMC which is then answered by

reply <req_no>

Added to that when we put returned tapes from vaultret into the hopper that have expired the library accessor scans the tapes and leaves them in the hopper. Our 3494 scanned them and took them into the library.

Is there something that needs setting up on the server that isnt the LMC to tell it not to load each tape in,not to request that its to be unloaded and also to scan and load the tapes in???

A lot of questions but its very frustrating.

Hi There,

I have a 3584 lib. and for me, and when I check out the tapes I need not issue a reply either. I do this:

checkout libv libname volser remove=bulk checkl=no (I trust the inventory)

And when I return tapes to the libr. they are left in the i/o door. I have to run the checkin libv to move them from the bulk i/o into the lib. Also, I *do* have to issue the reply for the checkin libv.

The problem I am having is that when I issue a checkin libvol <library_name> <volume_name> status=private (or scratch) the tapes are scanned and not taken into the library.

This is causing us a lot of pain as
1.no fresh scratch can be checked in
2.no volumes at a status of onsiteret can be inserted
3.no private tapes can be inserted either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back