Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

355A adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve000

Technical User
Sep 7, 2014
US
can someone take a 9 pin female connector and attach a cat 5e cable with a rj45 plug at the other end to program a system with winspm ? ...would that work ? if so what color wire to what pin etc ? thank you !

I DID THAT CONFIGURATION AND IT DID NOT WORK HELP

That link looks like it would work I will try it tomorrow But I have some more questions for you all !

1. Does the system have to be in pbx mode ? Right now it is in KEY mode.
2. Does the cat 5e have to be crossover cable ?
3. What is behind the switch MODE mean?

help

1. No. It can be in any mode.
2. Use a straight-thru ethernet cable.
3. It is for when the Merlin system is sitting behind a larger PBX (i.e. Definity). You don't see it much but sometimes different offices or groups have had their own phone systems only to be consolidated as a larger group. You can tie all the groups together without having to buy all new phones for everyone, but users typically have to dial 99 for an outside line, or 9 (or another access #) to access another group.

read the columns. The first one of the response with 2 Uris is correct. Use a straight rj45 cord. I used a usb to serial adaptor which showed up on com port 7 on my machine running win 7 ultimate. Check the device manager to find your com port number. Mine worked with no issues. Any issues call me 585 216-5066 anytime.

Why not just purchase a 355AF on the internet. They are not that expensive and at this point you seem to be wasting a lot of valuable time trying to make it yourself.

ok guys I got a modem for my computer and called into the merlin magix 3.0 phone system and it connect BUT THERE IS A PASSWORD I defaulted the system and I don't know the default password HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back