Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3550 qos traffic rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladeka

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2004
EG
Dear All,

I have a 3550 switch and i want to enable traffic limit on one of the interfaces . that contains more than one ip segment
limiting each one to 50mbps in both directions
i tried the following but it only worked for input direction onlyy and not for the output

This is only an example of the configuration
"mls qos
class-map match-all allip
match access-group 100
policy-map 1mbps
class allip
police 1000000 32000 exceed-action drop
int f0/1
service-policy input 1mbps
access-list 100 permit ip any any"

So please if anybody have a clue about this issue i would be gratefull :)

The 3550 supports egress service policies as well as ingress, so the command 'service-policy output 1mbps' can be applied to the same interface.

Egress service policies aren't the way forward apparently since the 3550's replacement (3560 & 3750, you did know the 3550 is now no longer available....) only support ingress service policies.... Progress eh?.

HTH

Andy

i tried using the output command on the interface it accept it and process with nothing as if i didnt enter it at all..
so i think it is limited to the switch capabilites to support such a command..

if you have any other clue about this issue i would be glad to know

thanks alot for help

A. Moshref

I have just attempted to configure what you have on a 3550 and I get the following error message when attempting to attach the policy to the interface:

Apr 14 13:44:48: %QM-4-CLASS_NOT_SUPPORTED: Classification is not supported in classmap allip

I created ACL 100 which was just 'permit ip any any'. I can't quite understand why this should be without looking on CCO. You can however use the built-in 'class-default' class instead which seems to work

policy-map 1mbps
class class-default
police 1000000 32000 exceed-action drop
!
interface FastEthernet0/1
service-policy output 1mbps

This doesn't generate the error and appears in the config. If I get time next week I will look on CCO to see why your original config won't work

HTH

Andy

i have same problem with 3560 (want limit outband traffic). I know two diiferent ways, but one its dont work for mee, other i havent test in practically

1. you can limit percent of interface speed ..SPEED 10 (you set four inteface for 10M), then "srr-queue bandwidth limit 16" (you limit traffic 16 percent of 10M its means 1,6M). havent test in practically

interface FastEthernet0/21
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport trunk allowed vlan 144
switchport mode trunk
duplex full
speed 10
srr-queue bandwidth limit 16

2. Second way dont work for me...

config
int vlan 2
rate-limit outband 2000 1000 1000 .....

Status