Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3525 catalyst switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

gobuffs

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2002
US
I inadvertantly lost the boot/flash file on a reload command. Can anyone help me restore the flash?

I believe that if you lost your flash, then you will have to reload it from a TFTP server. You can run the IOS that is stored on your ROM.

You'll need to change your confreg to tell the router to boot from the ROM in order to connect to a TFTP server.

CCNA student

Thanks

Now i realized that the only problem that I have is that I dont have a copy of the ios on a ftp server. Any ideas.

You'll need to download it from cisco.com if you have a CCO account. Basically, if you have a SmartNET on any Cisco gear, you can download the IOS for your switch.

Yep.

Also, once you have it back, something I would do is tftp all of your IOS images to your PC and copy them onto CD.

i have cco account ,i can help you ,you can contact me via email:dooza@21cn.com.

it's my pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back