Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3524 Virtual Switch Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock2447

MIS
Nov 5, 2002
US
Does anyone have the configuration setup that I have to do to get my internet explorer to connect to it. It works fine for my boss but mine won't take the username and password.

You need to have the java runtime installed on your computer.

I already have the java runtime installed. It comes up and says firewall and then the address of the switch and asks for a username and password.

Type in "admin" for the username and the enable password for the password.

Here is what is on my screen right now.

Enter Network Password

Firewall: Switch IP Address/switch IP Address
Realm: Level 15 access
Scheme: Basic

Username:
Password:

I tried the same thing I do to telnet into the switch and still nothing.

I tried both passwords with admin and it does the same thing.

I've never used the "admin" entry only the password. Try leaving the username blank.

Also be very careful of the java VM that you use. I recommend the Sun version over the MS version.

I presume that since you are getting the login prompt that IE is configured so that any proxy settings are set to ignore the proxy server for local addresses.

What exactly happens when you enter the user name and password. Does it just loop back to the same dialog box and prompt you again for the username and password?

I have nothing smart to say at this time!

It just loops back to the login again. I tried not using a username and it did the same thing.

OK, next question, is this the "Windows" style log in, or the "java" style log in.

If its the java style then you need to use a different Java Virtual Machine. Don't use the one that comes with IE as it is not 100% compatible with the java that Cisco uses.

You can download the Sun Microsystems version via the cisco website.

I have nothing smart to say at this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back