Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3310 raid 0+1 configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

oreis

Programmer
Jun 7, 2004
PT
Hi all, I'm having some trouble making a specific configuration for the storedge 3310, I'm making a script using sccli utility, for my configuration I have to remove all the configuration that storedge comes with by default, but I must do so using sccli. When I remove both host luns I can't acess the storedge device, I already posted this question to portuguese assistant of sun, but it has been more then 3 weeks without a reply.
So tryed using another method, I first remove all the spares that come with the raid 5 default configuration, and I then remove one off the host luns, atfer that I remove the logical drive that was in it, and I was going to do the new configuration, but I stoped on the folowing problem, how can I create a raid0 drive on channel2 using all six disks and then create another raid0 using the remaining 6 disks on channel0, and after that make a mirror of one in to the other?

For the configuration of the raid0 it's easy but the to raid1+0 is what's troubling me:

echo "create logical-drive raid0 2.0-5 primary"|sccli -o -w 10.1.0.100
after that I would create a new lun map using the map command, and then remove all the configuration on channel0 and then create the new configuration
echo "create logical-drive raid0 0.0-5 primary"|sccli -o -w 10.1.0.100
my question is how can I now mirror one to the other?

I really would like to know, I've been thinking about this for some time, but I still haven't found a solution, if someone could please point me what I'm doing wrong, I would really apreciate-it.

Orlando

P.S. Sorry for my bad english

I would like to thank everybody that has even think about my question, I found part of the answer (or so I think I did) in the Best Practise Guide:

"Assign two drives as global spares, four drives to the RAID 1 logical drive (it automatically becomes RAID 0+1) and the remaining drives to the RAID 5 logical drive. Scale storage capacity by adding disks to the RAID 5 logical drive."

So I can assume that if I do the following configuration:
echo "create logical-drive raid1 0.0-5,2.0-5 primary"|sccli -o -w 10.1.0.100 this would create a huge Raid1 logical-drive that would do raid (1+0) it would do stripping among all the drives, although this might be highly expensive this would carry an throughput advantage (writting/reads) my problem is how can I do this from a command line, if I in order to operate the storedge using the sccli I need to have a lun active, but if I clear all the luns, then I can't acess the device, but in order to delete the default settings and delete the logical drives that come preconfigured I need to delete the host lun first, you probably can see my dilema now, one big loop :(

any help, or sugestion will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Orlando Reis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back