Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300MX - Whisper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MT1234

IS-IT--Management
Dec 7, 2005
US
Does anyone know if the 3300MX controller has "Whisper" functionality? Our vendor isn't sure and I can't find a detailed feature list for the 3300 on the Mitel site.

Any help is appreciated!

What do you mean by Whisper? I have never heard that term in relation to Telco.

When a user answers the phone, an electronic voice "whispers" the ANI of the caller (or other related info based on the specific number dialed) before the call is actually connected. I believe Whisper Announce is a capability of their SX-200.

Mitel does not support the feature you are inquiring about. They do support a whisper page which is a quiet page when a user is on a call, but nothing like you're describing.

the "whisper" feature is commonplace in some monster ACD systems, i.e., the Rockwell Galaxy system used by Home Shopping Nwtk.

Ok, I guess I was confused. If you read the spec sheet on the SX-200 controller, it says Whisper Announce a feature. Maybe they are talking about an off-hook type of announce (like when a user is manually transferring a call to another user in an organization) - and not an automated whisper on an incoming call.

I think you will find (frustratingly so) that there are a number of features in the 200 platform that are not in the 3300.

The reverse is also true in some respects, tho it seems (to me anyway) that the 200 has always been a step ahead of the 2K (and 3300) when it comes to things like this.

Example, the 200 has had distinctive ringing capability on a key-by-key basis up the keystrip while the 2K/3300 doesn't offer this much-asked-for feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back