Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300ICP: Resiliency problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomingoDolores

Programmer
Mar 3, 2009
AL
Hi,

We have 7 controllers in a cluster with 2 main-controllers.
All sub-controllers are resilient on their main controller.
This is working fine if a sub-controller is unplugged from the network, the phones are resilient on the main-controller. And after the sub-controller is plugged in again the phones return to their home controller within 5 minutes as usual.

If one of the main controllers is unplugged from the network the phones are resilient on their 'secondary' main-controller.
BUT after their original 'home' main-controller is in service again the phones don't return to their home controller only after a manual reset or a 'LOAD'-command

Is there any way to get them back without the Hardware/Software reset?

I tried different ways like 'HST COURTESY', 'HST HANDOFF' in de Command line. And tried a hsHandback, hsPushback via Telnet on port 2002.

Imagination is more important than knowledge....

What version of software are you running. Seems to me I remember an issue with failback that has been resolved in later software releases.

Ralph

I dug into Mitel online this AM and couldn't find the note. I remember the issue but I just can't find the KPI on it. Sorry. Perhaps it was just something that tech support told us. But it may give you an excuse to upgrade to at least the latest version of 9 is not MCD10

Ralph

There were two reported problems with these symtoms to Mitel, one was in 8 UR4 and 9 UR1.

There have been a few customers running 8 UR5, which have experienced this as well.

I agree with Ralph, to upgrade.

There is no 'I' in 'Team'

I once had the same problem. Because you're speaking about two main controllers, it's possible you have the same issues.

Are the main controllers Mxe's? Do they have two network links (to 2 different switches)? In this case it is perfectly possible you forgot to enable spanning tree on the main controllers. The phones try to failback to the primary controller, but they have a wrong path and aren't able to failback by themselves.

Just verify this to be sure.

The two main controllers are on different sites and switches in different networks. i'll check the spanning tree options in both of them.

Imagination is more important than knowledge....

Which specific 8.0UR5 release are you running? 8.0.11.7 does have issues with failback, I was given 8.0.11.24 that was supposed to fix this, but we still have some problems. We're in the process of upgrading to 9.0UR3 which is again supposed to fix the failback problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back